A lot of players are wondering why new account activation’s are constantly disabled. Well here is why:
- Some players are creating what is called a ‘burner account’. This burner account is an account that players use KNOWING that they will be banned for intentionally breaking Pixel Park polices. (Just so you know, ALL policies are outlined on the website, and for each account that is activated, you have to check mark a box stating that you have reviewed those documents.)
- What is the fix for this? ‘M just IP ban the offenders, that will stop it.’ Well… that does not always work. Some players are using ways to avoid using their actual IP address. This shields players from being banned permanently from the world.
- This creates a world that is NOT safe for everyone to use. We do everything that we can to ensure that the world remains a safe place to be a part of.
So what is the solution to this?
- There will be TWO methods of gaining access to the Free Chat mode.
- Method Number One: Players will have the ability to pay $10.00 USD and be given access to the Free Chat mode.
- Method Number Two: Players will have the ability to pay a certain number of coins (TBA) to be given access to the Free Chat mode. Coins can be earned by playing mini-games in the world.
- Here are the disclaimers to this: Accounts created already will be granted access to the Free Chat. Once registration is opened again to the public, all accounts will default to Safe Chat. Players can redeem one account per each $10 USD that they donate.
Why is this solution going to fix the problem?
- Players aren’t going to make a burner account, pay $10.00, and go intentionally break Pixel Park policies for the fun of it like they are now.
- Players will have to spend some time earning coins to unlock this feature. It gives users the opportunity to take advantage of a feature that is a privilege to have without having to pay anything.
Now lets talk about donations.
Games. Cost. Money. To. Operate. In fact, A LOT of money. Here is a break down of expenses:
Domain: $15 a YEAR
Servers: $300 a MONTH – More users? Higher cost.
Email Platform: $80 a MONTH
Our Team’s Salaries/Time: Outsourced labor varies based on the project.
M’s Salary: CURRENTLY FREE LABOR PLUS HIS TIME
Let me highlight the last item listed there. NOBODY HAS MADE A SINGLE CENT FROM ANY DONATION COLLECT BY PIXEL PARK. Every. Single. Donation goes BACK into the development of Pixel Park. This is crucial starting out in order to continue to grow the game. We are not even looking to make a profit, we would be happy breaking even.
All I can say is, the longer it takes to reach donation goals, the longer it will take to reach development milestones. (So yes, the deadline can be extended…?) A lot of labor is outsourced to other developers to help create the world, and this is not cheap. If you expect a safe, fun, and feature packed game, it will take some money to get there.
We decided to open the game right now as-is to allow for users to get a feel for what it will be like. People LOVE it, while others have been demanding for more features and not donating anything themselves. It is going to take donations to achieve this goal of having a game that is more than just a chat room. The team works EXTREMELY hard on creating this new idea of a virtual world.
So, nobody is forcing you to play Pixel Park. If you don’t want to donate, that’s fine. Complaining about the lack of features and not donating, is an insult to everyone who has worked on this game, including M who has dealt with a number of issues already just four days in.
Please respect the work all of our developers have put into this game. You could still have nothing at all.
That’s all for now,