Information Collection and Use
- Information we collect and how it is collected
- Account Registration: As part of our registration process, the only personal information we collect from our users is an email address. We also ask for age so that we can identify which users are under 13 years old. Users under 13 years of age must supply the email address of a parent or legal guardian. We also have users create a username, password, and security pin code during registration.
- Customer Service: When users contact us for customer support, we will collect their user ID and parent's/guardian's email address (along with a message) so we can respond to their inquiry and resolve any issues. We delete the information collected after the request has been completed.
- Contest/Sweepstake/Prize Giveaways: We may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and geographic information (such as zip code). For users under 13 years of age we only collect a username. We will contact the parent on a one-time basis to administer the shipping of the prize giveaway, if the child is a winner.
- Purchases and Transactions: If you purchase a premium membership, virtual currency, and/or any other products, we will collect transaction information such as billing information, credit card numbers, name and/or mailing/shipping address. This information is used solely to bill and/or mail customers the items/services that they purchased. Only persons 18 or older may pay for membership or order products. Transaction information is not stored by our site and will be provided to our third party financial institutions, payment providers and/or shipping and delivery providers for the purpose of processing credit cards or other payments and fulfilling product orders. These companies are authorized to only use your information to the extent necessary to provide their services. We may offer you a method of earning virtual currency or other in-game rewards without any form of payment, such as through watching video ads or viewing other ads or promotions.
- What is your Personal Information used for?
- Registration information is used to give you access to Pixel Park, to fulfill product giveaways, and to communicate with you about your account. For users under 13, all communications are sent to the parent's/guardian's email address. For example, when a child signs up, we will send an email notice to the parent informing the parent about the child's registration and giving the parent the opportunity to set up the child's chat permissions and provide general information about the purpose of our site. We provide a similar notice to users who are 13 or older. We also use the email address supplied at registration for password reset purposes, to verify changes to account settings, and to send periodic newsletters and email updates from Pixel Park (if the user or parent of the user elects to receive them). For product giveaways additional information may be required, such as your mailing address and full name. This information will only be collected from users over 13 or parents of users under 13 and will not be used for any other reason. You should be aware that any information you provide in areas that are administered outside of Pixel Park (such as social media, or web blogs) may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. All blog comments are moderated before they are posted to assure that they don't contain any personal information, such as, first and last name combinations, addresses, contact information, etc. Blog comments are also moderated to make sure that they don't contain any offensive language. Despite these measures, if you're concerned about a posting that was posted to our blog, please contact us at [email protected]
- Passive Collection of Information
- Cookies and Web Beacons: Pixel Park may collect some technical information from visitors, such as, browser type, operating system, time spent on the site, IP address (for IP geo-location), and referring websites. This information is not linked to your personal contact information (i.e., email address). Pixel Park collects this technical information to help us better understand our users in order to make Pixel Park a more fun and exciting place. Pixel Park or its service providers may collect this information through the use of imbedded java scripts, cookies, web beacons, or clear gifs. Users can disable cookies on their browser; however, if you disable cookies, some functionalities or features on our site may not work properly.